Feel free to email us at email@example.com
Visit us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Submit your work
We accept general submissions in four categories: fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and other media (music, film, visual and tactile arts, etc.). Please follow our category-specific guidelines as described below. All submissions should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the category in the subject line (e.g., “Fiction Submission”).
Our general reading period will resume from January 15th to April 1, 2016. Our response time for all submissions is 3 months or less.
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Please include a biographical statement in the body of your e-mail submission. This statement should include your name and mailing address, university or other institution you are attending (if applicable), and academic or professional interests. If desired, please include a brief personal history and any other details about yourself that we might find interesting.
- We cannot accept previously published works. (We will make exceptions for work published on a personal blog.) If your work is selected for Exceptions, all rights revert to the author after publication.
- We welcome simultaneous submissions as long as you notify us immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere.
- While all selected pieces will be published first on our website, some work will also be published in our print edition. Selection for online publication does not guarantee an appearance in the print edition.
- Poets, writers, and artists whose work appears in the print edition will receive a free copy.
Please submit no more than one short story (up to 5,000 words) or 2-3 flash fiction pieces (up to 1,000 words each) per submission period. All submissions should be double-spaced with the author’s name and academic or professional affiliation on the first page. Please submit files in a .doc or .docx format.
Our nonfiction category includes creative nonfiction, personal essay, and memoir. (In this category, we encourage writing about the author’s experiences with blindness and visual impairment, such as challenges faced and obstacles overcome.) Please submit no more than one work (up to 5,000 words) per submission period. All submissions should be double-spaced with the author’s name and academic or professional affiliation on the first page. Please submit files in a .doc or .docx format.
Please submit no more than 3-5 poems per submission period. All submissions should be single-spaced with each poem on a new page, and the author’s name and academic or professional affiliation on the first page. Please submit files in a .doc or .docx format.
Our other media category includes film, music, monologue, visual and tactile art, and any combination thereof. Please submit no more than one film or performance piece (under 10 minutes) or 3-5 images per submission period. All submissions should include a 2-3 sentence artist’s statement in .doc or .docx format with the author’s name and academic or professional affiliation on the first page. We ask for video files to be submitted in .wmv or .mp4 format, for audio files in .mp3 format, and for image files in .jpg or .png format.